Himmelstigen to Trolltunga
Trolltunga Active invites you on a tour trough the new via ferrata route Himmelstigen to Trolltunga
It’s a hike filled with impressing attractions and Norwegian history. The Ringedal lake, the Ringedal dam, Tyssebotn, Tyssestrengene, Himmelstigen, the giant marmites at the top of Tyssestrengene, and ending by Trolltunga. The hike starts by the Ringedal dam. Bicycling 7 km along the lake to Tyssebotn. Then following the dried out river Tysso up to Tyssestrengene. The last 200 meters up to the mountain plateau you will follow the new via ferrata Himmelstigen. Entering the mountain plateau one kilometer from Trolltunga.
If you're in normal good shape, and over 15 years of age, Trolltunga Active would like to invite you on this trip.
Please bring normal hiking clothes/shoes and lunch, and a backpack of 30-40 l.
Duration: 8-12 hours
Price per person: 1100NOK
The price includes all necessary climbing equipment and rent of bike.
Start at 09.00 in Skjeggedal.
Minimum 4 people. Please book one day in advance.
Contact us » for booking
The via ferrata is open for tours without guide, for persons with climbing experience. But you must follow these ground rules:
- all persons in the group must have climbing experience.
- it is only one line in the climb. To avoid complication, groups must go up between 10.00-14.00, and down 15.00 and later.
- use via ferrata lanyard with tearing energy absorber. Using static slings without absorber as lanyard is not allowed.
- above 15 years of age
- pay the maintenance fee of 150 nok/person.
- due to risk of avalanche, cancel the hike if heavy rainfall.
Payment of fee, rent of climbing equipment and bicycles can be done at the touristinfo in Skjeggedal, or at Trolltunga Hotel